Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A New Horizon


Living in the gray wishing for Black or white

      In life I find that the hardest moments are always somewhere between what you want, and what you want. When decisions are less then clear cut and regardless of the outcome, always marked with regret. It’s like the saying, “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” But what happens if the lemons aren’t ripe enough and leave a bitter taste in your mouth? What if what I really wanted to make was lemon meringue pie and I simply settled for lemonade because it’s what I thought I was supposed to do. Living in the proverbial land of gray is just that, gray. It’s desolate and bleak. A sort of purgatory while you wait for what may or may not be heaven. Don’t get me wrong, the light at the end of the tunnel is enough to brighten my gray world, and if it wasn’t for gray I would never have made it to the blacks or the whites in my life, which have undoubtedly formed who I am.  The gray is always the place I spend the least time but it also sees me at my most impatient. It knows my annoying quirks and probably thinks I am crazy. Without question to be in the gray is to be in the unknown...

Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

     To further clarify, White is Rochester, MN and Black is Albert Lea, MN. Before the assumption, Albert Lea being black has nothing to do with bad. I know when things get bad we tend to see them has turning dark but in this case that isn’t what I mean. I would put them both as white if I could but white and white just do not equal gray, thus making the title statement unfitting. ANYWAYS, Matt’s current job has been very gracious and is allowing him to be the first-ever work from home detailer they have had. This, as you can imagine, would be most people’s ideal work scenario. Wake up, get ready, walk downstairs, work, come upstairs for lunch, walk back down to finish out the day. Matt has always talked and dreamt about working from home, ever since we have been together.  He makes the perfect amount for me to stay at home and raise our son and still put food on the table and we have been blessed with so many opportunities through his job that I know we would have never thought possible. So for his boss to allow him to work from home is more than a blessing, it is yet again another testament  to how good god really is. God has a funny way of reminding you that regardless of what you think, you’re not in control of your life, he is. We spent countless hours praying about what our next step in life should be. When it almost seemed like maybe god wasnt listening, he flooded us with encouragment. It was an amazing experience...
      
       So here comes my gray area. The majority of Matt’s family is in Albert Lea, as is some of mine. BUT have a house we love in Rochester, the place we brought our son home to on his second day of life, the place we made our own together. But we have no family, and although they are wonderful friends, very few in Rochester.  It has been a difficult decision on what to do. But I think we both always knew where our hearts were, it’s just working out all the details that seems to get in the way. 
      
  To simply spell it out, WE ARE MOVING TO ALBERT LEA THIS SATURDAY (Nov. 5th). Matthew, Me, Asher and two really stupid dogs are invading my father-in-laws house for 9 or so months. We cannot sell our house until July.  We describe it as a trial period. If it works in Albert lea, and we love it there, we can stay and get our own place and sell our house in Rochester. If not, hey, we have a house still in Rochester.
       
      We are very excited to reconnect with old friends and make plenty of new ones.(Especially ones with kids, Asher needs friends bad :)  )  I want to apologize to anyone we did not tell earlier, like has sort of taken over, as well as trying to pack with a 7 month old who cant stay in one place longer then a second, and a husband that works full time. It has been beyond difficult so I figured it best to blog about it to let most everyone know all at once. Our life is changing drastically, again. Seems like my gypsy, serial moving ways have finally caught up with me, and now I realize just how hard it is to move. And I am only packing necessities at this point.  Packing up a small child’s things is nearly impossible, since once you pack a toy away; it seems to be the only one he wants. Regardless, we will be there on Saturday, trailer full of baby stuff, and the few things of ours that actually fit after. I just have to keep telling myself we are doing it for Asher. Otherwise, after trying to pack things, I may have instead chosen to die in this house, or burn it to the ground. .. All kidding aside, We are very eager to start our life in Albert Lea, to show Asher all the best play grounds, bring him to the lake, and feed him plaza morena as a staple in his diet.  Most of all to enjoy spending time with the amazing, and loving bunch of people that comes with living in there. 

ALBERT LEA, HERE WE COME!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment